1) Refund of interest/unspent balance in Bharatkosh only.
2) Modifed Utilization Certificate. (UC will be accepted according to attached format only)
3) Sample for Filing Utilization Certificate for Second Release.
4) WOS-A Scheme payment grant status check (Click on)
Women Scientists Scheme (WOS-A)
Women constitute an important section of the workforce. However, the present situation of a large number of well-qualified women scientists who due to various circumstances have been left out of the S&T activities needs to be addressed. The problems faced are several but, significantly, most often the "break-in-career" arises out of motherhood and family responsibilities. The option for revival of their profession is presently unavailable due to restrictions in age and qualification and no system at present addresses these issues.
The "Women Scientists Scheme-A (WOS-A)" for research in basic and applied sciences has been evolved in this context, by the Department of Science and Technology (DST) for providing opportunities to women scientists and technologists between the age group of 27-57 years who desire to return to mainstream science and work as bench-level scientists. Through this endeavour of the Department, a concerted effort would be made to give women a strong foothold into the scientific profession, help them re-enter into the mainstream and provide a launch pad for further forays into the field of science and technology.
Scientific Disciplines: (1) Physical and Mathematical Sciences [PMS] (2) Chemical Sciences [CS] (3) Life Sciences [LS] (4) Earth and Atmospheric Sciences [EAS] (5) Engineering & Technology [ET].
Support: This scheme will provide a research grant with an upper limit of Rs. 30 lakh (for Ph.D. or equivalent)), Rs. 25 lakh (for M.Tech/M.Pharm or equivalent) and Rs. 20 lakh (for M.Sc. or equivalent) for a well-defined R&D project proposal for a period of three years. This grant will include the fellowship of the applicant and cost of small equipments, contingencies, travel, consumables etc. Institutional overhead charges will be extra.
1. Persons already in employment need not apply.
2. Women scientists, less than 27 years of age are not eligible.
3. Candidates who are registered in Ph.D and receiving any fellowship are not eligible to apply.
4. Women scientists, with a minimum of Post Graduate degree, equivalent to M.Sc. in Basic or Applied Sciences or B.Tech. or MBBS or other equivalent professional qualifications, are eligible for this scheme. The amount of fellowship for such candidates will be Rs. 30,000/- PM.
5. Women scientists, with M.Tech. or MD/MS, DM/MCH in Medical Sciences from recognized Universities can also apply. The amount of fellowship for such candidates will be Rs.40,000/- PM.
6. Women scientists having Ph.D. Degree in Basic or Applied Sciences will be entitled for fellowship of Rs.55,000/- PM.
Formats & Guidelines for Women Scientists Scheme (WOS-A) Online Proposal Submission
Description of Formats
PI’s and Project Details
Project Financial Details
PPD-IV(in doc/docx & pdf)
R&D Project Details along with Mentor’s and PI Details
PPD-V (in pdf)
PI’s Bio-data in any format
PPD-VI (in pdf)
Mentor’s Bio-data in any format
Undertaking Form (PPD-VIII)
Undertaking Form Details
Certification by the Head of the Institute
Annual Progress Report
Annual Progress Report
Statement of Expenditure
Project Completion Report
Cost Details of Permanent Equipment/ Asset
Extension Request Format
HRA Declaration Format
Instruction for PES Submission
Instructions for PPD Submission
Frequently Asked Questions
NewResult of SEC Meeting of ‘Engineering & Technology under WOS-A held on July 29-31, 2019 at CEPT University, Ahmedabad.
Result of SEC Meeting of Physical & Mathematical Sciences under WOS-A held on June 27-29, 2019 at CMET, Pune
Result of SEC Meeting of Chemical Sciences under WOS-A held on June 13-15, 2019 at IACS, Kolkata.
Result of SEC Meeting of Life Sciences under WOS-A held on May 01-03, 2019 at INSA, New Delhi.
Result of SEC Meeting of Life Sciences under WOS-A held on February 14-16, 2019 at IIT, Jodhpur.
Result of SEC Meeting of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences under WOS-A held on January 24-25, 2019 at NGRI, Hyderabad.
Result of SEC Meeting of Life Sciences under WOS-A held on December 05-07, 2018 at IIT, Indore.
Result of SEC Meeting of Chemical Sciences under WOS-A held on November 13-14, 2018 at ICT, Mumbai.
Result of SEC Meeting of Engineering & Technology under WOS-A held on October 08-09, 2018 at JMI, New Delhi.
Result of SEC Meeting of ‘Life Sciences’ under WOS-A held on October 01-03, 2018 at KIIT University, Bhubaneswar.
Result of SEC Meeting of "Physical & Mathematical Sciences" under WOS-A held on August 17-18, 2018 at CEPT University.
Result of SEC Meeting of ‘Life Sciences’ under WOS-A held on August 10-12, 2018 at University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad.
Refund of interest/unspent balance in Bharatkosh only.
Changes in Grant-in-Aid provisions as per GFR 2017(Regarding refund of Interest)