Department of Science and Technology (DST) is happy to launch Online Project Submission for Women Scientists Scheme -A (WOS-A) with the aim to facilitate a smart user friendly system. The system enables aspiring women scientists to submit their project proposal online and also facilitates tracking of the proposal status. The 'wosa' online portal also provides Guidelines for project submission and project implementation along with various formats required while implementing project e.g. annual progress report, project completion report, utilization certificate, statement of expenditure etc.
Department sincerely hopes that the Online Project Submission System will be highly useful and convenient for Women Scientists.
For security reason your IP Address is monitored and may be recorded.
Women Scientists Scheme (WOS-A)
Women constitute an important section of the workforce. However, the present situation of a large number of well-qualified women scientists who due to various circumstances have been left out of the S&T activities needs to be addressed. The problems faced are several but, significantly, most often the "break-in-career" arises out of motherhood and family responsibilities. The option for revival of their profession is presently unavailable due to restrictions in age and qualification and no system at present addresses these issues.
The "Women Scientists Scheme-A (WOS-A)" for research in basic and applied sciences has been evolved in this context, by the Department of Science and Technology (DST) for providing opportunities to women scientists and technologists between the age group of 27-57 years who desire to return to mainstream science and work as bench-level scientists. Through this endeavour of the Department, a concerted effort would be made to give women a strong foothold into the scientific profession, help them re-enter into the mainstream and provide a launch pad for further forays into the field of science and technology.
Scientific Disciplines: (1) Physical and Mathematical Sciences [PMS] (2) Chemical Sciences [CS] (3) Life Sciences [LS] (4) Earth and Atmospheric Sciences [EAS] (5) Engineering & Technology [ET].
Support: This scheme will provide a research grant with an upper limit of Rs. 30 lakh (for Ph.D. or equivalent)), Rs. 25 lakh (for M.Tech/M.Pharm or equivalent) and Rs. 20 lakh (for M.Sc. or equivalent) for a well-defined R&D project proposal for a period of three years. This grant will include the fellowship of the applicant and cost of small equipments, contingencies, travel, consumables etc. Institutional overhead charges will be extra.
1. Persons already in employment need not apply.
2. Women scientists, less than 27 years of age are not eligible.
3. Women scientists, with a minimum of Post Graduate degree, equivalent to M.Sc. in Basic or Applied Sciences or B.Tech. or MBBS or other equivalent professional qualifications, are eligible for this scheme. The amount of fellowship for such candidates will be Rs. 30,000/- PM.
4. Women scientists, with M.Tech. or MD/MS, DM/MCH in Medical Sciences from recognized Universities can also apply. The amount of fellowship for such candidates will be Rs.40,000/- PM.
5. Women scientists having Ph.D. Degree in Basic or Applied Sciences will be entitled for fellowship of Rs.55,000/- PM.
6. Age relaxation of 5 years would be given to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC and physically challenged category.
Formats & Guidelines for Women Scientists Scheme (WOS-A) Online Proposal Submission
Description of Formats
PI’s and Project Details
Project Financial Details
PPD-IV(in doc/docx & pdf)
R&D Project Details along with Mentor’s and PI Details
PPD-V (in pdf)
PI’s Bio-data in any format
PPD-VI (in pdf)
Mentor’s Bio-data in any format
Undertaking Form (PPD-VIII)
Undertaking Form Details
Certification by the Head of the Institute
Annual Progress Report
Annual Progress Report
Statement of Expenditure
Project Completion Report
Cost Details of Permanent Equipment/ Asset
Extension Request Format
Instruction for PES Submission
Instructions for PPD Submission
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Training Programme on Proteomics Approaches for Women Scientists in Life Sciences